Spring Skiing with the kids

Today we went up to La Hoya to go for a ski.
I arranged it with a friend who has a little boy Franco who is Joaquin's best friend.
She agreed to pick us up at 12.30 and brought some sandwiches de miga. We waited outside for her all ready to go. In the background the mighty Andes are covered in Snow. That is chile to the west.
We saw a guanaco in the car park. Joaquin mentioned how good it climbs.
We hired our skis and then went up the chair lift. I am always a little nervous going up with the kids, and this time it was just me and the kids.
We hung out in the beginners section and Zalia went up the rope lift and finally was able to navigate it herself. I am very proud. She is a good skier.
We then were very hot and tired and went to the cafe to get some drinks and hot chips and chocolate.
By the time we finished it was nearly 5 and wind had started. Joaquin wanted to ski down but i could not ski down with Zalia so I asked a lady I thought i recognised to take Joaquin down. She agreed in the end, she told Joaquin she knew who I was. As she is the lady that makes Zalias cakes Hello Kitty (for her 3rd birthday) and Frozen (for her 5th birthday). 
Esquel is a small town and we kinda all know each other.
We had a perfect day on the snow.
I over heard some people from Buenos Aires talk about Jewish new year and I spoke to them. They were here with their three kids and they really liked the ski resort. It is great for kids and family.
We really are very lucky to live only 12 km from this amazing place. Where there is a lot of snow, it is not expensive as some places and  it is very kid friendly.

At home we had afternoon tea with Franco and his mum. After they left I then decided to do something for new year and i made potato and spinach fritters Latke (spinach and potato pancakes). I grated 8 large potato and added frozen spinach. It was really yum and my mum helped me fry them in a lot of olive oil.











Comments

Popular Posts